Monday, September 27, 2010

Censored

Silenced, I struggle.
No words escape.
My tangled thoughts.
Can't make that leap.
Onto the page.

I've lost my voice
and choke,
as too many
unspoken words
gather,
joining forces
to push their way
past my silence

Wanna shout
wanna cry, in
hysterical frustration
at all the demands
that subdue my efforts
as I steal moments,
just short moments,
hoping to string
those tiny pearls together,
to take the bits
and make a whole
But
since there is no knot
no firm beginning
they just scatter away
like drops of water
on a hot griddle
and I'm left,
holding just the idea
and no substance
still silent
and
suffocating.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore your free form poem! We've all been there and some us still are!

Brian Miller said...

tell it...only way to get thm out...like the water drops on a hot griddle....good image...

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

A very succinct description of that particular frustration. I know it.

Cheryl said...

I've known this too. For me, there's usually something in the way that needs to come out first before the rest will flow. What's nibbling at your gut?

purejoy said...

you articulate your heart quite eloquently, dear! no knot in the thread… i feel your pain.
keep jotting… keep journaling… keep sharing.
something will come.
you truly do have a sweet gift… thanks for sharing it with us!

signed...bkm said...

they are just getting ready....they will all flow .....when they are ready...it is a scary feeling when nothing seems to make sense....bkm

Natasha said...

This is such a powerful poem, Tina. Stringing pearls, but no knot, so they keep slipping away. How much better can the imagary get?

H said...

Give them time. Eventually, they will get into line and roll neatly onto the page.

Unknown said...

You need to get it out. Don't hold back! Beautiful!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You captured the frustration, but don't let it win! Persistence wears down resistance.

Mike said...

Are you experiencing writer's block? I get that from time to time. It sucks but will eventually open up.