Sunday, May 2, 2010

In the Mirror

Why does that reflection

In the mirror

Each morning

Still surprise me?


In my mind, I'm still young

And in that body, that

Had I known, I would have enjoyed

Should have embraced


But it's too late

Years of not seeing

Have left me crippled,

And blind, to the

Truth. We are not

What we see.


We hide. Behind the mask

And some are capable,

To still see us.

But I cannot.


Each time I catch a glimpe,

I cringe.

This reality sure doesn't

Match my mind's. I wish

I was still:

The gymnast

The runner

The climber of mountains.


But that's not so.

I am mom.

And I am here.

And for some reason, that

I wish I knew,

I'm really here, because

I have no strength, to go

Elsewhere.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

it ends rather sad...i think a mom is the best profession..not without its chalenges, but i hate to imagine where i would be without my mom...

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice! :)
Header is very beautiful. The profile pic flowers are so pretty. :)
Template is soothing.

Chatty Crone said...

Kind of sad she doesn't appreciate her self more. Love, sandie

One Photo said...

Oh what a sad poem!

Jenny said...

Oh how sad! You are not the things you were...but you are all the things you can become.

Look ahead.

Be something different!

Hugs and hope!

Amanda Lee said...

You are beautiful. I know. I've seen you. And of course you're tired. You've been sick beyond measure for months. But you will regain your energy, and you will climb more mountains. For now, give yourself permission to relax, my beautiful friend.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

mom is great,
you are awesome mom,
I am mom too!
nice to see you!

H said...

We all see ourselves differently from how other people see us, but don't be hard on yourself. Life changes, but you don't become any less special. Treasure what you have and look to a brighter future.