Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Latest Project

It's good to be back! I feel like I owe an explanation...but I'm not quite ready to do that. Life is not just “Good”, sometimes, it's hard. I've been in “hard” for a while. But I do have a blessing to share. I'm soon to be published!

The book I'm involved with is called Until They Have Faces. I'm one of over 40 or so authors to contribute to this fundraising project. The purpose is to raise awareness about and tell the stories of the homeless in our county. Each section includes a professional portrait of the subject, and then his or her story, each one from a different author. We also interviewed and photographed people whose careers intersect with the homeless community. I interviewed Ian Engle who is the director of Center for People with Disabilities in Boulder, CO.

I'm thrilled to be part of this group effort! This coffee table book release will be in February, and I'll share the info should you want to buy a copy for yourself and in so doing, help the efforts to raise funds and awareness. If you feel like checking it out, this is the blog chronicling the process of the project.




5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

woohoo very cool tina...i contributed to a similar project last year...the book looks really cool...

Len Lambert said...

Hi Tina! Congratulations! I love the cover! And can I just say that you have a beautiful looking blog. I love the font, the heading and the heart! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that is a cool project! I bet you learned so much during your research.

erica and christy said...

That cover does look fabulous - wishing you lots of success. And life is hard sometimes, so I'm also sending you wishes of the good times to return. Happy Thanksgiving.
erica

Jenny said...

What a neat cover! Congratulations! This sounds like a fabulous project!