Monday, August 16, 2010

Tracks on My Soul

Life, long lived,
shows it's journey
everywhere
on the outside
(but you can't see my inside)
my body, decaying
my nerves, fraying

Frustrated
stressed
and
disabled

I crawl
Try to reach
Onedayatatime”
As if...

And then I'm still here
And you're still there
And the tracks of your words
Are rust on my soul



This is a magpie tale.

Hello Friends,
I'm back from vacation and having a hard time swimming in the pool of real life  as opposed to the surreal reality which is a cruise.  Will blog about that later.  Meanwhile, didn't want to miss a Magpie.  So many great, inspirational writers on this meme.

9 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

"...the tracks of your words are rust on my soul"

Beautiful. Welcome back!

Brian Miller said...

those last 2 lines rock this whole thing...made me think of 'tracks of my tears'...glad you are back! cant wait to hear all about it...

The Urban Cowboy said...

Excellent...and yes, the last two lines are awesome, they resonate with me as well as many others, I am sure.

Helen said...

Oh yes, life's journey certainly shows on the outside! Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Oh my my!! These words just lingered on in my head...
Beautiful!!!
Hope you had a fabulous cruise.. It's great to have you back at Mag!!! :)

Jenny said...

Geez. You should go away all the time. If this is the result of your brain being defragged. Wow.

OK, that's not true.

Your writing is always sublime.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely brilliant return from cruise into reality.

Jinksy said...

And the tracks of your words
Are rust on my soul

What a mine of information this short phrase contains...

Angie Muresan said...

Oh, Tina, I echo the comments. Absolutely brilliant!

Can't wait to read more of your magpie tales.


www.angiemuresan.com