Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday Centus: Family Drama Part X and XI


Watching that stuck character in the window display really brought her situation into clear view. SHE was the one who was always stuck helping her troubled, spoiled, narcissistic, annoying, complaining, capricious sister. This wasn't going to be like her crumpled up list of resolutions. She was really going to take a different tack with Elaine this time. It all had to start with the body.
She entered the garage and made her way through the clutter to the ancient chest freezer and plugged it in. There. Should her sis ever decide to deal with her own troubles, then there he would be. Frozen. Not stinking up the place or arousing suspicion. Just waiting.
Kat wasn't waiting for her anymore. She was also quite a bit more than annoyed at Russ. She was worried sick. She'd sent the distress signal, but he hadn't responded. His situation was probably dire. Why else would he break the pact forged years ago when they were colleagues? It was time to go find him. Tossing a few necessities into a duffel, she drove to the airport, looking for a non-stop to Florida. It was probably NOT a good sign that Florida's orange crop was frozen just like Eduardo in the freezer.

I'm trying to catch up on Saturday Centus, one of my favorite challenges of the week.  Since I'm two weeks behind, I gave myself 200 words and combined both of the prompts from weeks 35 and 36.  Week 35 is in bold italic above.  Week 36 is this picture.  Head on over to Jenny's if you want to play.  You'll find all the rules there.  You might also recall that I'm trying to string all the prompts together into one story.  Yeah, I'm crazy like that.  Put "family drama" in my search gadget if you need to catch up.  Just need last week?  It's here.


9 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

Finally! I thought I might have missed it, and actually searched your blog the other day, but the newest installments were not to be found :)
~Amanda

Kat said...

Love it, love it, love it. It just amazes me that you have been able to continue this story week after week. Great installment, can't wait to find out what happened to Russ! Kat

Brian Miller said...

not sure i would want her to catch up with me...smiles.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

A great job. Poor Eduardo....

Unknown said...

Oh Tina, what a super-cool story! Clever of you to combine week #35 & #36! Keep this up and you'll have the germ of a mystery novel written!
Hugs,
Anna
Here are my Sc for the week #35 & #36:

Anna's SC#35

Anna's SC#36

gautami tripathy said...

What a wonderful story!

Want more..

destined destination

Tgoette said...

Nicely interwoven, Tina! Once again you have outshone us all with your skillful continuation! Brilliant!

Susan Anderson said...

I've been waiting for this one! Good job. Keep it going...

=)

Jenny said...

Wickedly brilliant!

I was curious to see what you would do and, as always, you astonish me each week.

Tina! You are really an incredible word crafter!

Thanks for sharing your talents with us.