Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Centus: Family Drama Part 14


At last Kat pulled into the driveway. Weary from the flight and now this long drive, she was glad to arrive. The house had been in her grandmother's family for generations, and she always felt waves of nostalgia coming here.
Though all she really wanted was a martini and a couch, Kat knew that procrastination was not her friend so she headed for the attic. She lifted the stack of letters from the ancient chest and couldn't help but smile. A tribute to their long friendship, the letters from Russ were a treasure. They'd both learned that going back to the beginning was best, so she opened the first one.

It's Saturday Centus. Head over to Jenny's if you want to play along. You get up to 100 words past the prompt (bold italic above). I'm competitive, that' why mine is a continuing story. Judie supplied the prompt this week. Thanks SO much Judie for a “normal” prompt. I swear Jenny's trying to stop me ;-) If you need to catch up, put Family Drama in my search gadget. Or if you only need last week, it's here.





20 comments:

Bookie said...

Nice job...and the friendship with Russ...will it be more?

elysabeth said...

Yep - I want more too - thanks for sharing - starting at the beginning is a good idea - lol - Go for it - E :)

----------------
Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

Where will the adventure take you next?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

CB said...

I am new to the Centus but had the same thought in my head - that a continuing story would be a fun, private challenge. I love that you are doing this! I am going to go back and read your other entries to "catch up" - I'm intrigued just with your story here.
I am also your newest follower :-D

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This leaves me feeling warm and nostalgiac. Very nice!
xoRobyn

Kat said...

I bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you read the prompt this week :) Interesting, we both went back to old family homes this week. Quite different directions though! Kat

Amanda Lee said...

Good job! You keep us wanting more!
~Amanda

Judie said...

Sweetie, FIRST the martini, then the letters! Great take on the prompt--I know there's more to come.

Susan Anderson said...

The saga continues...

Nice job!

=)

Brian Miller said...

ooo...wonder whats in the letters...i am so a voyeur...

Viki said...

Oh boy, I hope we find out more about Russ. Maybe some day he will show up in person even, ha. Great job with the continuation as usual.

e said...

Nice job indeed. Hmmm, is Russ her friend or lover? I hope we find out more!
~Michelle

Unknown said...

This is such a remarkable series of posts...you've got me hooked!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I loved it.

Jo said...

hmmm, Russ??? this is interesting!

21 Wits said...

Oh what an excellent warm tingly feeling this gives! Love how you just got right into it too!

Anonymous said...

New here and I need to read the beginning of this ongoing story but I feel the characters are interesting and draw me in even joining at this point.

cj Schlottman said...

And the beat goes on! Your story takes so many turns. I love it..........cj

Maria said...

I liked it. A lovely warm story.

Jenny said...

Fabulous job! Loved this. You think I was trying to stump you before...wait until you see this weeks extra shaking up, shake up!

I think it will be fun and silly, though!

Love how you're tying this together!

Nonna said...

Very nice...friendships treasured through time are the best !