Sunday, March 24, 2013

Getting to Know Tina's Terrific Team! Hilary!


Please join me in welcoming Hilary Melton-Butcher to Life is Good! She's one of Tina's Terrific Team, and terrific indeed. Her very popular blog is called Positive Letters...inspirational stories... and you're sure to learn something new every time you visit.



As you can see, she's also creative, so she didn't use any of the available questions...though she did use something which is about to become even more familiar to us...um...the ALPHABET!



        A: Age. - Older than 20, but younger than 80 – just!!

B: Books – all sorts ... preferably historical or reference and a good yarn

C: Cooking – love it ... great relaxation, though I don’t do much now

D: Dogs – love them, though now don’t own one

E: Elegance – wish I had it!

F: Friends – essentials to life

G: Gardens – love them and their seasonal variations

H: Height – middle to low; much the same for width!

I:  Intuition – flashes of illumination from our cognitive processes - sometimes!

J: Journeys – exploring new areas, or seeing old friends along the way

K:  Knowledge ... I can’t not find out ...  that need to know is inbuilt

L: Languages – wish I’d learnt them, and would love to grasp a few

M: Measurement ... I like to know pertinent time frames, distances etc

N:  Names and their etymology

O:  Overseas friends and bloggers – the world is wonderful

P:  Paeony – my mother’s favourite frothy (candy pink)flower

Q: Queen – I admire her dedication ...

R:  Roses – scented ones

S:   Scribes – especially those ancient scribes, who ensured we can communicate today

T:  Time – need much much more of it

U:  Undercroft – love that word ... mostly as it refers back to the medieval times

V:  Vegetables – all sorts ... and Spring is nearly here for the new young veggies

W:  Warthogs – my favourite African creatures – but all wildlife

X:  Xstatic for life ...

Y:  Yellow for sunlight, primroses, daffodils ... lifting our hearts

Z:  Zizzzzzzzing of the bees, which need our protection ....



Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this endeavor.  You were the very first to say yes, and haven't stopped working since!

~Tina


17 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks Tina .. it's been fun working with you so far ... enjoyed the Viking chick banter! Looking forward to meet many others during the A-Z ..and continguing with any work you delegate - cheers from my coffee cup - Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very clever, Hilary! You are indeed a plethora of knowledge.
Tina's team rocks!

JoJo said...

That was great Hilary! Great to meet you! And I agree on the knowledge thing; if I see something on TV I don't understand or never heard of, I'm on google so fast.

Brian Miller said...

ha. cool approach...friends are essential...and undercroft...i need to figure out how to use it...smiles.

D.G. Hudson said...

I've been following Hilary since the last A to Z challenge. I like her short answers in alphabet mode. (Hi- Hilary!)

There are several blogs I will lurk around during the challenge since I'm not participating. Hilary's is one of them. I always learn something on her blog, whether it's a new word or new history info.

Silvia Writes said...

Nice to meet you, Hilray. I like all your word choices here. My favorite, though, is T - Time (I need more of it too) :)

klahanie said...

Hi Hilary and hi Tina,

I have the great privilege and honour of interacting with Hilary. She is a wonderful writer and does some of the most informative postings I've ever read.

Pleased to see she is part of your team, Tina.

No then, something beginning with the letter "Z"! :)

Enjoy your Sunday and have fun.

Gary, "the official anti-A to Z spokesman" :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

LOL - warthogs are silly creatures.

Andrea said...

Such a creative and fun (and relevant) way to introduce yourself. Each letter's word so deliberately chosen!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Knowledge is the first thing I think of when I think of Hilary. Her blog is an amazing source of information on so many subjects, just brilliant.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

@ Alex .. I just cadged someone else's idea from a few years ago ..

@ JoJo - good .. it's so interesting to learn isn't it .. I spend my life with Wikipedia open!

@ Brian - lots of ideas for undercrofts .. cellars of vino, underground car park, theatre places, etc ... and friends - absolutely so essential ..

@ DG - many thanks .. we've developed a good rapport over Wales methinks ...

It'll be lovely to have you lurking nearby! ...

@ Silvia - good to see you here too .. and I'll be across to find you .. and Time - is just one critical element I could do with a lot more of ..

@ Gary:Anti-AtoZ spokesman! - many thanks .. we have some rapport between Leek and Eastbourne, Penny and Hardwick ... and it's always a pleasure when you're around ..

@ Diane .. I've always loved them .. their little antenna tails in the air ... make me laugh ..

@ Andrea - many thanks .. just seemed a lovely way to say 'hi' - not my bright idea unfortunately .. my words though! Good to see you ..

@ Annalisa - you're a star! It's certainly an eclectic blog and thanks for your thumbs up ..

Loved being here Tina .. Viking chick!! Cheers to you all ... Hilary

Jo said...

Such typical Hilary answers. I am like you, I have to know the answers and before computers I always had books of information so I could always check. I do have languages, French, some Spanish, a smattering of Greek.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Jolie du Pre said...

Fun post! I love to cook, and I'm able to include it in my daily schedule even though I'm busy. It's important for my husband and I to eat healthy meals.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jo .. thank you .. lucky you with the languages ..

@ Jolie - I do cook properly for me everyday .. part of life ... and you're so right to make sure you both have healthy meals ..

Cheers to you both .. Hilary

Anonymous said...

Cute post! Nice to get to know you better, Hilary:)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks MJ .. Happy Easter to one and all - Hilary

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi Hilary,
I missed this too my co-workers note.
Good to know a bit more about you.
Waiting to hear more from you, the days are starting
Keep inform.
Tina just aired my post just today
if time permits pl do have a look
Best
Phil