Friday, October 15, 2010

Flash Friday 55: Resurrected

I'm startled to find them,
right where I left them
those hard-earned skills
long hidden, under deep cover
unused, unneeded
Cautiously I pull the first one out
(though rusty-crusty,
and faint
from its long dormancy)
it's still useable
Not just for its
intended purpose,
but also
to make me
feel like ME.
Useful.
Once again.

This is Flash Friday 55. If you can write a poem or story in exactly 55 words, go tell g-man and place your link in his comments.

P.S I have a degree in math, and just started tutoring a new client this week. AP calculus. I'm having a blast! The math nerd resurrected! Does wonders for your (recently lacking) self esteem.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

So glad you answered the question of what unused skills! I woulda been asking first thing. Beautiful and useful 55.

Jannie Funster said...

That is so cool! Welcome back to math. It is good to feel useful, I know the feeling!!

Great to meet you via the G-Man!

Monkey Man said...

When I first jumped into blogging, I said I would have to blow the dust off the rust if I was going to write again. Glad I did. I am sure you will feel the same way about your math.
My 55 is HERE .

Unknown said...

Yea Tina! Dust off those skills and go gangbusters! I am hoping to find a few of those as I continue my current journey.

Brian Miller said...

nice. sometimes it feels good to remember things you are good at...smiles.

One Photo said...

Great 55 and good for you dusting off your skills and putting them to good use!

moondustwriter said...

Ah hem ... I could use some Rustoleum on my Calc skills. Know a good tutor???

Had fun with your 55

Happy weekend from the Moon

G-Man said...

It's just like riding a Bike...
You never forget how!
Loved your 55 Tina.
Excellent story My Friend..
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Perfect title for it!!! I'm happy you're tutoring!

Unknown said...

SO happy for you! I just did the same thing with dusting off my voice by joining a choir. It does feel great!