Friday, June 6, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things: An Attitude Adjustment



I definitely need an attitude adjustment this week, so I thought I'd return to a wonderful hop that I've participated in so sporadically in the past.  Viklit runs this hop, and it's just what I need right now.  Thanks, Vic.

Today I'd like to celebrate a few small things which ARE making me smile, despite some rather deep struggles this summer.

1) All four of our new window air-conditioners are now in and the house is a blissful, cool temp round the clock.  The thingamajiggies The Engineer built to get them sealed into the windows are working like a charm, and so far I haven't had to look at the electric bill.  He looked at it.  He didn't say anything.

2) I've joined a support group led by an amazing, caring, wonderful Father Dragon, and they are a really encouraging bunch.  I'm accomplishing some goals.

3) I got a massage today.  My amazing brother and sis-in-law just gifted it to me.  What a treat!

4) Blogger is actually working, unlike Tuesday night when I was ready to brave the garage, find a sledge hammer, and just go at this computer in Office Space copier style...

5) I continue to meet wonderful folks on the Post Challenge A-Z Road Trip.  It's been really enlightening, humbling, and encouraging to read their Reflections.  (I'm going randomly, so if you're at the top of the list, you have not been skipped, just FYI).

6) The new friendships I made during the April Challenge endure, and I'm enjoying continued friendships with my long time buddies.

I have a lot to be thankful for, and I need to stop whining.  So here's a first step.  I'm grateful for these blessings in my life, and the people who have brought them to me.

~Tina, time to stop wallowing and start movin' and groovin'...


<!-- end LinkyTools script →

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Friday! You've got lots to celebrate.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lot of bloggy stuff this week. Father Dragon started something cool, didn't he. Since I was gone last week, I missed kicking everyone. (And anyone outside of the group reading this will really wonder...)

Anonymous said...

Great things to celebrate. Have a great weekend.

klahanie said...

Dear Tina,

Upbeat and optimistic. This, despite all your concerns, will continue you along that pathway of positivity. You have a lot of interaction with some very good people. Each resource, conducive to your well being, my dear friend.

A peaceful, hopeful weekend to you.

Gary :)

JoJo said...

I'm glad that things are going better for you!!! Years ago, when I was going through the upheavel of divorce, packing/moving and closing out my 2 decades on the west coast, my bff posted a FB status that said "Attitude: The Difference Between Ordeal and Adventure." So I went with 'adventure' for those last few months before Russell arrived to drive me back, and it really made my life a lot easier.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Love this positive post! I am getting a massage tomorrow. Love that we are treating ourselves :)

Unknown said...

Being cooler is better!
You must have a smart Engineer, thingamajiggies are hard to build!

Mason Canyon said...

Tina, an inspiring post and one I needed today. You're right - we should celebrate the small things in life because when they're added together, they're huge. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.

Jo said...

Guess I should learn to celebrate the small things too. My mask finally worked OK last night. That helps.

Owe you an email, I will get there!!

Brian Miller said...

nice...a massage sounds wonderful...i am sorry you are having a rough week, but glad you have the support group...and def the A/C because it has been smoking hot...ha

Lori L. MacLaughlin said...

Air conditioning -- gotta love it. It's easier to deal with the unpleasant stuff when you're not hot and cranky. Sorry you had a rough week. Hope your weekend is better!
http://lorilmaclaughlin.com

Laura Clipson said...

Air conditioning is a great thing. I wish I had it in my car - I got in after work today and it was like a sauna in there. I had to drive home with all the windows open just so I could breathe.

Rachel said...

And you've never had a spider in an unfortunate location. haha

I really like this idea for a post. Sometimes we just need to be reminded about the good things since we usually only think about the bad.

Unknown said...

That is rather awesome. Not many people can score something like that and have a lot of your rooms chilled. That should also be a great bit of precaution for the summer. I hope that the airconditioning units really succeed and further keep on. Take care!

George Ellsworth @ Custom Cooling & Heating, Inc.

Andrew Leon said...

I was just saying somewhere else how I've never been a user of air conditioning. On top of surviving Louisiana without it, I feel like it's mostly a waste of money.

TheCyborgMom said...

I am so in need of a massage! Glad you got one, and as a gift too...nice! Have a wonderful weekend Tina! I'm so glad we've met!
~Katie

cleemckenzie said...

So glad that Blogger is cooperating and massages do wonders for whatever ails you. Keep up with your support group and your goals. Have a peaceful and restorative weekend.

Donna B. McNicol said...

WOW! LOTS of wonderful things to celebrate. Thanks for sharing the joy...

D.B. McNicol
Romance & Mystery...writing my life

Patricia said...

A little wallow is ok just don't drown in it.

Anonymous said...

Move and groove, Tina -- and enjoy that A/C.

Claudia said...

i think it makes such a big difference when we manage to "count our blessings" and be thankful for the small things... it's like an upward spiral... that was encouraging... just what i needed today...smiles

Stephanie Faris said...

I didn't get to meet you during the A to Z Challenge, but I continue to meet people now through the comments of other people I met during the challenge! New A/C is great. Our A/C went out July 4th weekend a couple of years ago...we couldn't get anyone to come out until Monday. We went to Wal-Mart and bought a window unit for the bedroom and just spent most of the weekend in that one room.

Blue Grumpster said...

New friendships, old friendships... making life bearable and enjoyable.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tina .. so pleased about the windows - that will make a big difference when the heat rises. Lucky you with the massage - sounds just what you need ..

But equally glad you're hitting the road and meeting more new friends via the road trip - you are a trooper for the A-Z ..

Cheers and enjoy the deliciously cool rooms .. happy days - Hilary