In one of my jotbooks I have a list of future, totally random blog topics for nights like tonight where the day has been SO chaotic, as was yesterday, that I JUST HAVE TO WRITE SOMETHING. So I've picked a topic from there. I have words itching to get out of me...and I have the need to be by myself, at my beloved laptop, drinking my evening wine, and chilling. Not running around like some sort of crazed cab driver, though not sure you can call it that when you're the passenger and have your Transporter (that's Jake's new nickname – will have to update tab above) who has his shiny new permit and all of a sudden lots of places to go, AND does the driving. He's a very good driver.
Nonetheless, I'm in the car and not at home, I'm at the auto-parts store because my car died on one of two main thoroughfares thru town, or the boys are spending their hard-earned money from today's manual labor assignments (which means pigs might fly and you might ice-skate in Hades...but The Engineer, who tore his rotator cuff, is ACTUALLY NOT DOING MANUAL LABOR) and if they don't spend it SOON it will evaporate, so of course they want McDonald's.
However, that's not what I was going to write about...that was my intro, but at 220 words, and my continued quest for brevity, I'll do this instead.
- I'm not on bed rest
- I can breathe
- I'm having a Superbowl Party even though my beloved Broncos won't be there
- My family is starting to have some semblance of normalcy as I heal.
- I'm having a BLAST meeting new bloggers as I wander the list checking out the participants.
- I am getting to write right now, even though it's the next morning...
- My Amazing Aunt Risky is coming for a visit in less than a week and taking the boys snowboarding ON THE WEEKEND that The Engineer and I are doing a (very unusual for us) romantic getaway. Talk about good timing, completely unpredicted or planned. We were just going to leave them home, since it's not an overnight thing, but this is oh so much better.
What are you content about? Do you get that itch to write? Is it your favorite escape from stress? Are you joining the challenge? If so, hit the tab above, then READ THE ENTIRE POST that is linked to it BEFORE you sign up. And do sign-up. It will change you blog forever, in the best way possible.