Thursday, February 3, 2011

River: 10thDOM February Challenge, Muse 0


Wow. That hurts. Slowly rolling over and trying to orient herself, Leah grabs her head to keep it from exploding. Doesn't work. She sprays a wide beam of chunks all over someone's lawn as the wreckage of last night's activities announce their claim on her body. In a projectile fashion...Fuck. What's his name? The previous night is sketchy. Ok, more than sketchy. Most nights are garden variety sketchy but damn, what the hell happened? A seasoned varsity drinker, she is a bit freaked out about this amount of black-out. And black-out on an important night. A chilling thought crosses her (admittedly befuddled) mind. Have they found her? After all these years?


Continued at Muse 1

********************************************************************

Ok, this is me jumping off a huge cliff, without a parachute, but jumping none the less.  Head on over to 10th Daughter of Memory (button in sidebar).  The rules for this month long challenge are so complicated that I'm not even going to try to explain.  Ok, I'll say this.  Basically, we're writing an extended story, where the muse for each subsequent chapter is provided by another participant.  Wish me luck!  I'm swimming with the big fishes this month.  Real, published writers are in this contest.  I'm grateful they let me play.

11 comments:

H said...

Wow! Deep breath and get stuck in! Good luck :)

signed...bkm said...

Well you are in the running...even with the big dogs...well done Tina....bkm

Amanda Lee said...

Very good! I think you will have no problem hanging with the big dogs!
~A

JeffScape said...

Hey, hey... need to submit a Muse!

Brian Miller said...

nice...way to jump in tina...gonna drop in this evening as well...on my other blog...

Tom said...

we don't believe in parachutes. Sick start.

Talli Roland said...

Wow! Way to get in there! Great piece of writing.

(Thanks so much for reading my book, by the way! I really appreciate it and I hope you like it!) :)

Jenny said...

Of course they let you play on the big playground. You are amazing.

JeffScape said...

Aight, back for a complete read-through. Like the setup.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Great way to clear a room, or turn a page... -J

Unspoken said...

Nice start!