Random is sometimes good for the soul. It's been a hard month health wise, so as I sit here today, with the day ticking away, no post up, and nothing coming to mind, I thought I'd just go totally random. This is more fragmented than Friday Fragments. These aren't even fully formed ideas, this is just what's flitting around in my brain right now.
- the kids better save me some strawberries. Every time I go out there with my glass of wine to pick the strawberry I've had my eye on...it's gone. “Oh, sorry mom. You can have the next one.” I'm now six next ones down the road...
- I'm so flippin' glad Danushka is off Next Food Network Star. Anyone with a voice that whiny and who sounds like she's about to burst into tears at any moment is NOT a star of any sort.
- I can't believe I've watched Duck Dynasty. More than once. More than twice...in fact it's four episodes so far. I can't help but laugh my butt off. People (including my children, who were the ones to finally make me watch it) kept trying to explain the merits of it, but I'm a cooking show girl and just didn't think that watching some long-bearded rednecks go about their business would be interesting. I was wrong. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for so long. Pet photography. Lizards loose in the warehouse. UNCLE SI. Sigh. I'm embarrassed, but you know me, you get to hear it all.
- Back to the cooking show addiction: Mystery Diners. Give me some hidden cameras and some idiot employees and I'm there. I cannot believe these people argue WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE staring them in the face that they DIDN'T DO IT! And then they allow this to be played on national television. I feel my intelligence dropping as I watch them, but I can't stop myself.
- By popular demand, they're doing another printing run of the book my first published story is in! (It's over there in the sidebar – Until They Have Faces.) It's a fund-raising coffee table book to bring dignity and awareness about the many different reasons people end up homeless, and this second edition has some “where are they now” story updates on some of the subjects. I'm so excited that we're able to raise so much money! If you click the picture, you get to a post which explains more.
- And with this we will close. (Remember that, Dad?) I'm SO looking forward to autumn. I'm ready for some relief from this relentless heat, I want to crunch in some leaves, I want to watch the sun slant in the waning afternoon light, and I want to drive with my windows rolled down and not be blasted with furnace hot air...stay cool my friends.
How is your summer going? Have any random thoughts to share?