For my post today, I'm doing something I've been dying to do since I first saw it on someone's blog back in 2009 when I “opened” Life is Good. I got tagged! I've seen, “This is an award-free, tag-free blog”. Never understood. Finally figured out how to get awards, and have gotten some nice ones. I hung them up for a while, but you know how it is when you clean, sometimes you take down a picture for a while and hang another one. We all have too much stuff, and so do our blogs. Well, can't speak for everyone, but my blog looks a lot like my house. Where you can see when you first step in, that part looks fairly tidy, and fairly coordinated. However, step one step to either side or tilt your head a teensy bit and you'll see. Clutter. Piles. So now with my spring cleaning (see previous post) I've got my place here looking pretty spiffy. Just in time to get tagged by a brand-new bloggy-friend, “Annalisa Crawford ~ Wake up, eat, write, sleep”. She answered someone's tag of 11 random questions, then sent out a different set of 11 questions, to 11 people, and I was one of them. I just met her, and already she's giving me a nice little shout-out! I appreciate that.
Now I know there are those out there who HATE these things. That's just fine with me. It's an equal opportunity place this wonderful community we run and play in. Think of it this way. Several people are in the park, playing a game they enjoy. One person in our group wanders over to you and says, “Wanna join us?” You can say, “No thanks, enjoying what I'm doing.” Or, you can say, “Wow! SO glad you asked. I was watching and it looks like such fun.”
Here are Annalisa's questions, in black. My answers are in turquoise, my favorite color.
- Which book, that you're supposed to love, do you actually hate?I cannot get through the LOTR books. Tried to read them as a 13 or 14 year old because everyone was and I was a joiner. Just too descripty for me. LOVE, love love the movies. Own them all.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema?We don't usually pay the exorbitant prices of an actual theater anymore. The last movie I saw was Harry Potter #6, but that one I saw twice, in the same theater, two weeks in a row.
- Name four people (dead or alive) you would like to invite for dinner.Thanks, but I only eat dinner with people who are alive. Not into the whole zombie thing (no offense, Jeremy...love ya' man, just not the undead) I'd invite Bruce Springsteen, and the E-Street Band. Make them eat a three-course fondue dinner (because that's a marathon meal and I so have enjoyed my marathon Bruce concerts over the years. And yes, I was a fan before “Born in the USA) (Yes, that's more than four. Who's the dinner police?)
- Can you remember your first teacher?Absolutely. Eva Hagberg. Swedish equivalent of kindergarden. You'll see a post about Swedish school during my April Swedish theme.
- In which order should Star Wars be watched: IV, V, VI, I, II, III or I, II, III, IV, V, VI?No question: 4, 5, 6. 1+ 2 should only have to be endured once each, and I guess you have to watch 3. Hayden Christensen's lack of acting ability ruined 2 and 3. The actor who I won't even bother to look up who played 10 year-old Anakin should have been replaced after the first day of shooting. Who cast these movies???
- Which fictional character would you like to be for a day?Eve Dallas from J.D Robb's ...In Death series. That woman can kick some serious ass and is married to Roarke who's on my top 5 list.
- Sweet or savory?Savory. Hypoglycemic.
- Do you have a tattoo? How many?
- Do you still have your first teddy bear? (I do.)Yup. He's pretty worn out though. You might see him in April. I'll be doing at least one picture a day...
- Oggy, oggy, oggy... Does anyone know what comes next? (hehehe)Only if you're talking about olly-olly-ox-in-free! Otherwise, nope.
- What are you reading right now?Blogs. Lots of blogs. Have Stephen Tremp's newest book (number 2 in a trilogy) as the newest addition to my Kindle. However, I also have his first one. Which I should read first. Being a blogger, I use 99.9% of my reading time at blogs, not books.
Here are my eleven questions. Desert Island. What would you bring in each of these categories?
- ONE comfort sleeping item
- ONE personal hygiene product (not talking tampons, talking getting un-grubby)
- technology item (since it's a game, it would work on the island. ON the island. As in if someone else chooses it also, you could technology each other)
- practical item for survival
- wild card – what other one thing would you bringYes, I'm a Survivor fan. Have seen every episode of every season. I don't understand why people end up on the island in business suits this late in the series. Don't they realize that at any moment they're going to get dropped into the game? So wear something practical people. If they say, “Dress for a photo-shoot for the cover of People” WEAR YOUR BATHING SUIT, with a cover-up, all terrain, able to get wet and recover shoes, and pretend your toothbrush is your necklace. And for God's sake, learn how to start a damn fire.So I'm tagging the following people. In no particular order. Who may play or not play...
1) Polly @ 5th Sister
2) Cheryl @ Deckside Thoughts
3)Jenn @ Quirky Pickings
4) Cheryl @ Parenting from the Stage (buy her CDs to bring on the island)
5) H @ Little Sealed Packages
6) Julie @ My Good Babushka
9) Lori @ 'cause I'm the momma
10) Brian @ WaystationOne
11) Klahanie @ Klahanie (we just met, he rocks)
Guess what! You can play even if I didn't tag you! It's just for fun and to get to know each other.