Friday, August 12, 2011

In Darkness Hides



I used to know the way
Traveled it often,
with joy-anticipation
A sunny path, with
enough obstacles
for an interesting
journey

Now, light fades
darkness cloaks the way
while
trees who danced,
arms swaying to honor
bird's song, grasp-reach
ominous arms
seeking to snag-drag
at my will
while fear
snakes up my spine

The path
long forgotten,
overgrown, unused
where happy feet
once
in circles danced,
squishing the delicate
blossoming flowers
in their joyous
ballet travels
now tangled
with neglect

Won't you shine your light?
To guide
just need a tiny
sliver-glimmer
hope,courage
to travel on
the road not traveled
in so long.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

were we thinking along the same vein or what today? i relate to and like this very much.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

May you find that path once more!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

bless your day.
hope all is well.

Brian Miller said...

well spun tina...i like your poetry and it is certainly evocative...hope you get that ray of light to guide you on...

H said...

'The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.' John 1:5 :)

Cheryl said...

It's been such a long time since I've seen a piece of poetry here. What a delight.

As I read this I couldn't help but think that returning to writing poetry is not unlike the path in your poem.

Really really nice.

Jenny said...

Oh wow. Poetry is just like breathing for you, isn't it? Lovely.

Arlee Bird said...

I often think about some of my long forgotten paths. Time and distance tends to be the big separators. Nicely written verse of melancholic reflection.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Doralynn Kennedy said...

Very well done. I love poetry... but I just don't write much of it anymore.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looking forward to your picks for the blogfest on Monday!